• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings! New bipe show and tell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly2kads

Supporting Member
Hello all,

I have been reading here for a while and have found the discussions very informative. It looks like there is a nice community growing here!

I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area. I am starting the process of getting back into flying after being away from it for a few years. (Life happens!)

I have wanted to design and build my own biplane since I was a kid, and finally figured that life is too short and too uncertain to put it off any longer. I have accumulated a nice little engineering library over the years, and I have dusted off my volumes and gotten busy!

The aircraft will be a 2-place biplane powered by the lovely Rotec R-2800. I am designing to the LSA specs, which will present a challenging, but manageable, weight budget. The design is inspired by some of my favorite late-1920s aircraft by WACO, Laird, and Fairchild.

The attached 3-view is a small-scale, hand-drawn, affair that is based on a first round of sizing, weight and balance, and stability calculations. I expect to have to make some subtle changes as I proceed, but this should be reasonably close to the final configuration. I am used to drawing by hand, but I have just purchased a 3D CAD program and will get my feet wet with it over the next few weeks.

I look forward to a lot of good discussion in this forum. Thanks for reading!

fly2kads

Attachments

• M-1_3_View_sm.jpg
    M-1_3_View_sm.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 186
Back