Greetings All

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Paulie

Recently found this site and find it quite informative and entertaining. Refreshing after getting fed up with VAF.
I'm a 40 year airline mechanic with a IA currently approaching the end of a RV7A build in the Naples, FL area.

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Welcome! You'll find a lot of variety here; both of interests and opinions. We'd like pictures here, so please share your progress with your RV!

Derswede

Assume you are down at the same airport as John McCullogh, Jim Kimball and the other Monocoupe fans. Sounds like an active airport....we owned N15E, N101h and N2347 at one time, never been in the McculloghCoupe, though. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Derswede

Paulie

No I don't know those guys, I'm at KIMM Imokalee, it's NE Collier County. This is where the tomato pickers live. We have one guy with a T18 everything else spam cans.
If anyone in the area needs a annual, I'm available and won't rip you off. We have a guy on the field that likes to surprise people with huge bills, I don't play that. I'm sorta retired so available almost any time.
This site seems to have a lot less of the bulls°°ter "experts" that reside at VAF. There's a guy on it today trying to get a AP to install a Trutrak in a Cessna. (Not legal).
I would like to build a single place rocket, ie 200+ mph plane next but don't know what's out there. Prefer wood or fabric, not really interested in a expensive composites kit. I recently sold a unfinished glasair 3 kit, the engine cost was out of my league.

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
I would like to build a single place rocket, ie 200+ mph plane next but don't know what's out there. Prefer wood or fabric, not really interested in a expensive composites kit. I recently sold a unfinished glasair 3 kit, the engine cost was out of my league.
One of our members is building a Cassutt, which is certainly an inexpensive way to get to 200 mph. Steel tube fuselage, wood wing. A similar aircraft in all wood is the Piel C.P. 80 Zephyr.
http://www.slittneraircraftplans.com/cp80.html

pwood66889

No I don't know those guys, I'm at KIMM Imokalee, it's NE Collier County.
If anyone in the area needs a annual, I'm available and won't rip you off.
Hi, Paulie.
Should you get yours going and your prop spinner points to NW Fla., drop by Wakulla County (2J0). I'd buy the coffee!
Percy