• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Green Sky Adventures or GSATech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Tallahassee, Fl.

Brand new to this forum. Plans building an ISON/TEAM Tandem Airbike with an HKS 700E 4 stroke engine.... for the last ten years.... I know and am suitably ashamed.
I've been a forum member of the East Tennessee Lonesome Buzzards, catering to ISON/TEAM kit builders for several years.

Never the less I'm poised to mount the HKS on the airframe after sitting pickled for the last six years in my temperature controlled shop.
The engine is a second hand 2003 revision that came out of a kitfox with 50+ hours on the engine from new.
The seller was unknown to me, but appeared to be an honest EAA aviation enthusiast and I took his word at face value after a brief inspection of the engine on the plane.

Before trying to crank the HKS mounted on the Airbike I thought I'd get Green Sky Adventure / GSATech in Hamilton, Fl. to inspect and overhaul as necessary, being an HKS distributor close to my home. Seems they've fallen off the map. No response to phone or email inquiries. Possibly a Covid shutdown, but I don't know.

Which brings me to my main question.... does any member know if Green Sky/GSATech is still a viable company or any way to contact Jim Olenik?
Barring that, do any members know of an HKS service/parts sources in the United Sates?

Appreciate any input you can provide... aside from abandoning the HKS. I considered the plans approved Rotax and the four stroke Hirth.
The HKS was too good to pass up, or so it seemed at the time.

Thanks,
Steve Pearce

Back