• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Great Lakes fuselage/seat modification.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

I am about to re-cover a friend's homebuilt Ranger powered Great lakes and we'd like to take the opportunity to create a little more room in the rear cockpit by moving back the crossmember behind the seat and reclining the seat a little. It's a modification that has been done by others, but I can't find much on the net about it. The cockpit is very cramped and the seating position is almost straight upright.

I know it's opening a can of worms, but I know enough about this stuff at my ripe old age to do it safely. I also know that it's pointless re-inventing the wheel, so if anyone out there has seen this done and can point me at some pictures of other people's solutions, I'd be grateful.

IMG_1597.jpg

Back