Quantcast

Wanted Graham Lee Nieuport 11 wings.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Natty Bumpo

I recently aquired somebody's unfinished project. He started with the fuse and that's as far as he got. Ok tail feathers are framed also. I am looking for somebody who started with the wings and didn't finish. I know you're out there. Sell me your wings to mate to this thing. Will trave almost anywhere east of the MIssissippi, and slightly west in the northern latitudes.

Nathan

Natty Bumpo

Jan
Can you assist me in finding what I need to know? The sad truth is that i'm quite unsure that this is a Graham Lee, Though it's what I was told by the seller. He was not the builder, which makes that third hand info. I need to first confirm that it is indeed wahat it's supposed to be, and then I'd have no problem forking over the dough for the plans so that I might complete it. I just need to get the info right the first time, as I cannot afford to be wrong!

I want to power this plane with a four stroke engine. I'm not too fussy about what, as long as parts availability is good. What have people had good results with on this airframe? Why? Anything would be much appreciated.

Nathan

P.S. Meant for this to be a PM....oops.

Last edited:

wiloows5050

Log Member
Can you post a picture or PM a picture. The shape of some of the forward gussets and the controls (stick) if installed should be enough to say if it is a Lee or Airdrome aircraft. Graham's son is still selling the plans. Do you know if it is full scale or 7/8's? That will make a big difference on the wings. If you measure the length of the top longeron I will compare it to my 7/8 project. You can also check out the other Nieuport group on yahoo groups. WW1_Nieuport_Biplanes : WW1_Nieuport_Biplanes_Builders
The Dawn Patrol site is the best place to start.
Don

jumpinjan

Well, if the previous owner said its an N11, then it's a Graham Lee, 7/8 N11. Baslee doesn't make an N11, and all of his Nieuports are full scale.
Jan

thetford

Can you post a update on your Nieuport 11 project? I've got a set of Wings..... let me know if there is anything I can help you with, looks like your not that far from my shop.