• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

GPS kneeboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndoe31533

I'm trying to find a way to locate a Garmin 96C on my leg. The yoke mount is great as long as you have one. If you fly a stick there's no where to put the GPS. I found some kneeboards that will work with horizontal unit's but the 96C is vertical. I have an awsome USAF issue kneeboard on the right leg and thinking about putting the GPS on the left. I have went the home builder way and made my own. I used a marine hard mount that I attatched to a plate. The plate has elastic strap's that hug my thigh. It works but needs to be "stream lined" and I get the weirdest looks from the other pilots. I take the GPS on every flight (biggest fear is being lost near TFR) but need some suggestions on a mount. Any idea's?

Back