Gorgeous Fairchild-24

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Jman

Site Developer
I headed down to the Prosser Washington EAA chapter pancake breakfast today and by the time I arrived at 1015, it was OVER!! I was very bummed. One of the aircraft that was left was Bob Drake's beautifully restored Fairchild-24. I was instantly in love. Here is Bob's website that has some more pictures and information about the restoration: www.drakeland.com/airplane1.htm

Jake

grif280

Gorgeous. There's one up here in Canada n need of a restoration, and its for sale. I'd love to try it, but I'm nervous about getting in over my head. Oh well... no guts no glory!

Thanks for posting the picture!

JLG

Yenn

I flew one in 1969, it used nearly as much oil as fuel. Wind up door windows and one fuel gauge switched between 2 tanks. My first flight in an aircraft without tail wheel steering. Fill rudder with a blast of throttle to line up. How i would like to still be able to fly it.

RonL

HBA Supporter
Yenn, Hello and welcome

I like to see people tell a little about, who they are and what they like.

Noticed you are a bushwalker, i guess that is like what we refer to as hiking?
also that you are interested in woodworking.

Having done a little building in wood, i would like to post a picture of a small canoe i built a few years back, it is an enhanced version of a "6 hour canoe".

Not having a plane yet, my study and planning have just begun, but i would like to consider, the possibility of showing off the beauty of wood in a plane of some design.

Glad to have you aboard, and hope you have fun.

RonL

Last edited: