• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Good representative aircraft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

As some of you know I'm designing my own composite aircraft. I recently came to the conclusion that having a set of plans for a composite aircraft would be a good thing to help me see some practical examples of how things are really done. For example I have the Thatcher CX4 plans and they have been very helpful in designing my control system. Although I posted a request for some suggestions in my design thread no one has responded so I'm posting here.

I thought about putting this in the wanted forum but decided this would be better.

So this is what I want:

1. Plans for a composite aircraft
2. Not too pricey(<= $200).
3. Low wing monoplane 20-25 ft wingspan.
4. 85-120 hp range
5. Mildly aerobatic.
6. Uses moldless sandwich construction w/hotwired cores
7. Well engineered.

I did a search and found a guy who listed plans for the Quickie1 about a year ago and have pm'd him, but if any of you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Just to stave off the "You can't use another plane to structurally design yours", I don't plan to. Seeing practical examples of how other people have solved problems is incredibly valuable in my opinion.

Back