• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

God Save the Queen! And the Apron Airplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
The queen sets forlorn and forgotten in the hanger or on the apron.
Perhaps with each others help we might be able to rescue a few of these.
I have noticed that a lot of these require a very special circumstances be saved. Perhaps the owner only wants the airplane go to a relative of the original builder or he’s looking for somebody that’s going to take it on a tour of South Africa to finish up his dream.
Maybe he’d like someone to take better care of it but he wants to own it till the day he dies
Or perhaps it’s just simply going to sit there until he passes on.

Tell us about the hanger Queens that intrigue you especially if you know the story behind them.
I don’t suppose there’s any reason that hanger queen can’t be in your own hanger.
So to give someone a fighting chance of resurrecting this hanger queen tell us what it is ,where it is ,maybe an idea of how long it’s been there and idea of what it’s gonna take to get it out of there .

I’m really hoping to hear some of the stories behind some of the planes I seen sitting around the country!

Back