• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Go Kart kind of fun airplane.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcbamm

Hey guys, I'm new here to Homebuiltairplanes and I just wanted to say hey and tell yall about my idea, and this is some way or another possible....

I have a dream of making a plane like Chanutes glider, sept a single wing if possible and keeping it small, using a 100cc-200cc 2 stroke engine and keeping it very light (under 100lbs) and also VERY SLOW! Under 30 mph is my goal. some thing that has great control and maybe to keep it safe don't fly over 50ft and fly over water or a big open field. some thing like a Go kart, you know.... driving around the neighborhood care free. well instead, flying care free. (not really "care free" but keeping it safe) any one else have this desire? I am into rc airplanes and have been building and flying them for about 7 years now. so I know the basics of aerodynamics. I just recently built a electric stick plane (slow stick) 32"WS with a airfoil like Chanute's glider, AUW a whopping 2.8 oz! flew like a dream, I even had a foam pilot from a Harbor Frieght tools FF plane and it fitted perfect on the front. it sorta looks like the Vector ultralight ( http://www.ultralightnews.com/antulbg/vector_ultralight.htm ) and now I just want to make this type of plane but bigger so I can fit on it. or hang from it.... and with a some struts or cables on the wing and some good size controll surfaces you might be able to do some nice tight turns:shock:

I think to even keep it lighter, use a RC airplane engine. like a DA 150. www.desertaircraft.com 8lbs engine at 150cc. or maybe even some of 3W's engines like a 3W 200cc

I thought the vintage Whing ding was a awesome flying GO Kart plane, but for being right on the front and reading how fast it went. it scared me to even think about building one like that.

airframe: I'm thinking all aluminum 20ft -30ft WS with Ripstop covering. simple rudder and elevator controls and maybe ailerons. and to even test it, get some hefty servos and some sandbags as human weight and fly it RC style and test it that way.

anyway. any input will be appriciated!

-Dan

Back