• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Glass Rotors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnyj

Hi All
A year or so ago I bought some plains for making plywood rotors for a gyro copter. Well it seems I caint find any plywood that suits my needs. Aircraft plywood only comes in 5'x5' and am unwilling to use that many scarf joint's.
So my question is, do you think it possable to lay up fiberglass or corbin fiber to make the rotors from? I would need 2 10'x 7.5"x 1\4" and 2 10'x 7"x 1\8" boards. The spare is also made up of plywood with a
1\8"x1" 10' steel flat bar in the middle of it. Would it be feasable to layup the spare in the fiber glass or corbin fiber with the steel in it. Or could I or should I leave out the steel? I have little to no experance working firer glass but am willing to learn.
Any suggestion?
Thanx Sonny

Back