• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

glass cocpit or "old fashioned" cockpit for a Kitfox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolo2769

Hello,

My cousin and I are both wanting to build a Kitfox S7 (or similar). He is an airline pilot and I am on my way to finish the frozen ATP instruction. We live and fly in Switzerland (the country of banks, chocolate and mountains ;-) ). In Switherland we can only fly VFR by day with experimental aircrafts. So no need for IFR or NVFR instrumentation.

My question is, what is the most cost effective way to chose for the cockpit? glass cockpit with an EFIS (For example Dynon 10A) and some COM/transponder/ELT or the "old" way with gyros and the standard T (speed, attitude, altitude, directional gyro). We don't need a GPS, we already have a Garmin Aera 500 that we can install in the cockpit.

For the maintenance and installation, what is the best solution? I know that we live in 2012, but we will both be flying "complex" glass cockpit aircrafts and for the week-end we only want something simple to fly over our beautiful mountains...

thanks for your answers,

Laurent

Back