Quantcast

girodreamer

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

girodreamer

Hello all,
I am a french gyroplane home builder, came there to read mainly, I'll post later when my last built we have been tested (in a few weeks, or months)
G

girodreamer

ok here is it,
this is a tandem 246 kg, 122 hp (rotax 912 with the pagotto turbocharged kit) mechanical fuel pump (Flygas) , center of mass 2 inch above the center of thrust, fairing / pilot center of drag at the level of the center of thrust ,8.6 m averso rotor, 8000W lipo brushless pre rotator, 1.84m 3 saber blades prop , all built from aluminium 2017 (comparable to the 2024), absolutely zéro welded part except the exhausts, all is bolted .. bla bla bla bla bla bla...(what else could I say ???)
nearly finished, all is machined , I must mount the rotor, the wind screen, the stick, all the rest is done but I can't do it with the fo ckin confinement ..
I designed, machined and mounted it myself from A to Z (it is not a kit) .. keep my fingers crossed.....
nothing exceptionnal
it is gonna be more interesting to see it fly then to see it now, at the time this is a simple cloths hang dryer in the garden of
my best friend
IMG_0559.jpgIMG_0562.jpg

Last edited:

girodreamer

yep thanks,
it is true that I had lots of fun tinkering this bird in my garage for 3 years... hope it will fly well .. hahahaha

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
Keep us posted. I have a hankering to learn to fly gyros after I get my ppl. Seems like a no brainier for low and slow where the air is rough and so are the landing sights if the noisemaker quits.

girodreamer

OK I'll do when I be free from jail (confinement) ..

I love my gyro (the first one which flies) because it does not require any pilot inputs to remain stable in harsh turbulences (it is not the case of all gyros, low profile one are unstable and dangerous),

I fly in the mountain in even in hot afternoons when eveny the glidders go home .

flying a gyro in the mountains is fun because you can "stop" or fly slowly, make U turns (without risk of stalling) as long as you have hight .

flying low yes, ur right .. but not low and slow ... the grad of the gyro is so big that the risk of getting behing the power curve is greate .. so the recipie is : when low be fast

on the other hand when you are high enough you can fly slow, (very handy in the pattern, or when you spot a nice castle that you want to observe)

engine off short landing is at the heart of our training ( I mean for the one who train) , and it is crazy what one can do with a giro in this exercise ..

appart form this gyros are fun but they are slow, they are thirsty, they necessitate power (more expensive engines).
threre are pros and cons .. as usual in life