• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Getting your fuel and brake line bends in the right place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winginit

Thought I would share a little simple tool with everyone that makes properly locating your bends a snap. I bought a bunch of round steel stock (3/16 and 1/4) at the local metal supplier. He had a bunch laying there that was excess for some reason, so I got it all for a pittance. It works really well for making cheap patterns for fuel and brake line installations. Its a lot cheaper than ruining your tubing and having to buy more. If you screw it up, its esay to straighten, and you can even cut and weld it if needed. Anyway I made a little simple bend jig and put a mark on it for aligning it with the bender. This way I have a reference where to place the bender on the pattern, or the actual tubing. There is often a lot of guess work in just where to start a bend. This little jig takes the guess work out of the job. Anyway, here are some pictures with descriptions that I hope will explain how simple it is.

Tubing 1.jpg Tubing 2.jpg Tubing 4.jpg Tubing 5.jpg Tubing 6.jpg

Back