• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Getting ready for the snow fall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kelly

Well, I figured I'ed post and let you all Know I havn't given up, some will cringe at that news no doubt .
However winter is almost here and the gyro is all set for a winter under the snow, it pains me to see the o'l girl under a tarp but its the best I can do .
all the repairs from the last crash were fixed in short order, all but the prop and rotor blades, the prop I have made up and set aside till spring, infact I have made up 2 props , replacement blades for the warp drive prop and an entirely new 3 bladed prop yet to be completed...
I had to pour my own alumimum to make molds for the blade clamps on the new 3 bladed prop , thanks to Sonny Jeffers incouragement that part is all done now .
with the blades I made for the 3 bladed prop hub , I seriously doubt my little rotex will be able to turn them good enough to be of any use , so I will probly have to re-make the prop blades.
hard to say at this stage of the game .
the Rotor blades will be farely simple to construct once I get all the meterial I need for them , but that will wait till spring as well.
here's wishing you all a Happy thanksgiveing !
have a good'ern !
Bob.......

Back