• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

general questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lars

I have read quite a bit about these engines and conversions all over the net, and they seem like a slightly heavier, but reliable replacement for a 360.

Eggenfellner engines and psru`s seems good everywhere I read. Anybody have any other experiences with his psru box?

What is the typical weight difference for a 2 blade const speed vs. fixed prop on a lyc 360.

What are the typical weights you guys have/heared for either FWF, wet/dry longblocks or whatever, just specify. 2,5 or 3,0 are the possible candidates.
-Eggenfelner answered my mail. 350dry/420wet all FWF for their 6cyl. 10lbs more than a comparable Lyc 360 setup. That is pretty good actually.

Where on the cowling is the best place (lowest outside pressure) to have the hot air from the radiator exiting? below,side,above?

Is there an approximate number of how much heat energy needs to be absorbed through the radiator at cruise with a ~100hp continous output?

How many gallons per minute does the original waterpump flow at 4000rpm?

Thanks, Lars

Last edited:
Back