• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

general forum thoughts on the Belite part 103??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev6

I have been rather smitten with the Belite since I first found it years ago... a real part 103 airplane with it's roots in the proven kitfox/avid series... the company owner seems hell bent to provide a real airplane experience at legal weight... not the marginal power, performance and safety regularly seen. welded steel tube frame.... carbon wings.... many engine options from light to overpowered, it was beautiful... until..... they redesigned it to make it better. it now incorporates an unsettling combination of foam glued to aluminum.... I am reminded heavily of construction techniques I have applied to my model aircraft building.

see the owners blog here:

https://jameswiebe.wordpress.com/

attaching the tail spring assembly via gorilla glue....

tailspring-gluing-preparation-5.jpg

rudder assembly: before gorilla glued together

rudder-parts.jpg

rear fuselage with routered cutouts for the 1/2" carbon longerons that will be epoxied in place....

longeron-route-attachment-5.jpg

longeron-route-attachment-8.jpg

all of this type of construction makes it so that my 5 year old could build this plane.... its so fast and easy... but it will be prone to rash at the bare minimum. what are your thoughts??

Back