• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

general european ultralight regulations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msrw

for some time I've been looking for the regulations for an ultralight in Europe. I can not find general European regulations. even for my own county, I'm unable to find ones. I have found sources, but they vary in what they say. some claim just pilot and 250Kg MTOW, others say up to 2 passengers (and pilot) with 450Kg MTOW.

one thing I have seen regularly is the daytime VFR requirements, but isn't that just a single-engine PPL? what is the point of an ultralight if you need a PPL?

it would be of great help if I were to have clear regulations for Europe. I know that those are quite some countries, and it would have to be the strictest of them all if they differ. this way you could fly across Europe without having to ``skip`` a country. if all of Europe is too much, the countries Id focus on are:
great Brittan, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy. (and the small ones in between)

Back