gauges/sending units?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

stolflite

Good afternoon,
after putting together a G-1.6A that has a electronic distributor and a
Weber 32-36 DGV carb with a Airtrike SPG-4 redrive ,I started it up for the first time this morning.
So my question is: considering I'm not using any harness I would appreciate suggestions for adapting
a oil pressure sender that matches a gauge and the same with the water temp. Are there options using the metric openings or do I need to approach this from a US standard method?
Any other help or ideas would be great.
thanks in advance
rich

cluttonfred

Well, Wikipedia tells me that the G16A was used in the 1989-1992 Suzuki Sidekick in North America and comments on various Suzuki discussion groups seem to show that a standard 1/8" NPT sender will work fine, so just about any matching sender and gauge combination should work. I'd pick the gauge and sender you like and then use a thread adapter if necessary.

stolflite

found on-line what looks to be a usable solution, supposed to arrive on Tuesday will be able to know more then

rmeyers

The fitting on the engine is undoubtedly not NPT. There is a metric size that is almost the same diameter and thread pitch as 1/8 NPT but is straight thread, not tapered. The 1/8 pipe will work perfectly in the metric hole. We used to use them on high pressure racing motorcycle brakes. Never a leak or problem of any kind.
... upon reflection, I'm not sure that we ever put an NPT fitting into a metric steel caliper, only aluminum or magnesium.

Bill-Higdon