• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

gas powered planes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapracer

Elsewhere Holden posted ...

As I have stated, my concept with a 60% engine (new engine) would allow Natural Gas at 60 mpg. NG is $1/gallon in USA and road tax is about 50 cents.

... which got me to wondering why you blokes don't use CNG or LPG?

Tanks and systems are certainly available (millions of buses, taxis and small vans run on CNG in China for example and all taxis in Australia run on LPG) tank is constant weight so you never have your CoG shifting due to fuel usage (tank would be lighter than full tank of gasoline but heavier than empty gasoline tank), you won't get bad fuel - water/dirt/etc, seems a logical choice including safer in an accident.

What don't I know?

Back