• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Garmin GEA 71 / RS-485

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMyers1

I am trying to build a cellular based engine data upload box based on a raspberry pico. The engine data comes from a GEA 71, which has an RS-485 output on it. Also would like to be able to use the GEA 24. I believe I can just tap off of this with something like the below. Curious if anyone has done anything similar.

RS485 CAN HAT for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B/2B/B+/A+/Zero/Zero W/WH,Allow Long-Distance Communication via RS485/CAN Function Onboard CAN Controller MCP2515 via SPI Interface Transceiver SN65HVD230 https://a.co/d/ebILKKk

Back