• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

G3X Touch problems...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXFlyGuy

Here is a copy of the email sent to Garmin...

I have a complete Garmin stack, G3X Touch, GTN-650, Audio Panel, Com Radio, Autopilot, etc.

The G3X has display problems. The screen will blank out, has wavy lines running across horizontally, shows a large red X at the ADI, and so on.

It was installed by Avionics 1st, in Dallas Texas, in 2015. But the plane only has one hour of flight time on it now.

The G3X is wired into the essential bus, and is powered up any time the Master Switch is on as it contains all of my engine instruments.

Do you have any ideas as to what the problem might be? Faulty unit? Voltage issues?

I will get you photos this week of the display. The problem is intermittent, and most often occurs with the engine running.

Thanks for your help.

Any thoughts from you Garmin owners?
P1050848.JPG

Back