• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

G-TICH flies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rik

G-TICH was a piece of beech and a bit of ply sat on a shelf eight years ago and now its lots of bits of ply and ash frames wrapped up in a Ceconite jacket and flying. The Taylor JT2 Titch was designed by John Taylor in the mid 1960's as a Formula One Midget Racer, with a + & -9 G spar loading, and a range of engines from Volks wagon 1600-C90 and 0-200 (100hp). My Titch weighs 880 lbs with a 0-200 on the front, its VNE is restricted to 171 mph (~154 Kts), at 2100 rpm resulted in 145 kts with about 4.5 Gal per hour. I've only got a 7.75 Gal tank fitted but I do have a very small starter motor which draws 290 Amps to start, my home made battery is a lithium A123 cells (12 pack) which discharges 320 Amps in burst's.

Attachments

• titch . 8-4-2010 020.jpg
    titch . 8-4-2010 020.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 975
Back