funny airplanes in Idaho

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

The one in the lead of the formation. What is it? Looks like some of my early pencil sketches from several years ago.

Pops

Log Member
I remember when Burt flew it to Oshkosh for the first time. Don't remember the year. They all sort of run together :)

harrisonaero

August 1st is like April Fools Day, right? :) I figured I would have some fun with the group. Though this is a real formation, it didn't happen this weekend in CDA. Burt's son Jeff photoshopped the aircraft in from a previous formation flight described below and the pictures of the lake were taken by Burt's wife Tonya's drone. Figured someone would catch the editing. Still fun though :)

"About 22 months ago a very talented team of pilots and photographers at Mojave got together and documented, in a 6-ship formation flight over the Mojave desert, the large variety of aircraft developed at the Rutan Aircraft Factory. A sample of photos from that flight is shown below."

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
... Burt's son Jeff photoshopped the aircraft in from a previous formation flight described below and the pictures of the lake were taken by Burt's wife Tonya's drone. Figured someone would catch the editing....
Jeff does nice work. This is one of the things I do for a living, and he got me. Nicely done. :cool: