• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fuel Trailers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatrickW

My hangar is about 30 miles from the nearest source of non-oxy non-ethanol gas. Currently when I get fuel for the airplane I fill several 5 gallon plastic jugs and carry those in the back of our Jeep. That's worked ok, but it's a pain and it stinks up the Jeep (and what I'm calling "our Jeep" is really my wife's Grand Cherokee...).

So I'm thinking about building a Fuel Trailer that I can tow maybe 100 gallons or so at a time.

Building a permanent fuel storage tank at my hangar is not an option where I'm at due to local codes.

I'm curious what some of you guys are doing if you have built (or bought) a Fuel Trailer. What works well in the real world? And what doesn't. Lessons learned? Have you had any problems with your Fuel Trailer attracting attention from nosy neighbors or small town police...?

Maybe other options that I haven't thought about?

Thanks,

- Pat

Back