• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

FS: Aluminum Sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschrom

For sale: one 2024-T3 AlClad sheet, 0.025" x 4' x 9', long enough to make a wing skin. Special price for S.net members is $50, which is about half of what I paid for it.

The buyer will have to pay the actual shipping cost. The package will measure about 16 inches square by four feet long and weigh probably no more than 20 pounds.

Send me a message if you're interested.

Thx,
Ed

Attachments

• 20171227_170419.jpg
    20171227_170419.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 50
Well, this has been eye opening. FedEx $88, USPS $92. UPS was even more. I don't see this working unless the buyer has a commercial account that can get significantly better rates.

Ed

eschrom said:
Well, this has been eye opening. FedEx $88, USPS $92. UPS was even more. I don't see this working unless the buyer has a commercial account that can get significantly better rates.

Ed

Try a FedEX quote that ships from Fedex Office to FedEx Office -Hold at Location. Or FedEx counter at a Station Facility. If a courier does not have to move it and you pick it up it will be cheaper. -Pete

P.S. and get the FedEx Ground quote for that scenario.

P.P.S.The same problem came up when I sold my canopy and I shipped it. The killer is the box dimensions. The tighter you can roll that sheet the better. If you can get it down to 12"x12"x48" FedEx Ground delivered to your door is $44.17. Shipping Express we charge you for the space you are taking up in the plane. A huge 18"x18"x48" 20lb box is the space of 10 smaller more revenue boxes of 200 lbs.

P.P.P.S. My project -sometimes still for sale- has four of these wing skin sheets i.e. all the skin for the wings and buyers don't seem to get that.$500 some from A.C. Spruce. Plus fuel tank, ailerons-formed(factory), ribs-formed(factory),wing-tips, wheel-pants, taper-pins, etc, etc. sorry venting. I will just build her and fly her.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-01-13 18.51.23.png
    Screenshot 2018-01-13 18.51.23.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 42
eschrom said:
Pennsyltucky, 17406. Maybe the shipping rates are still jacked up for the Christmas season?

Amazingly there was no hike this year at FedEx ...we did just get hammered with snow a MEMH and closed the facility in Memphis for the first time i can remember. Monday will be awful and Tues worse because of the holiday. Your stuff will get there however. -Pete

Thanks for the advice, Pete. I wonder how tight I can roll it before it takes a permanent set? Right now I have it advertised on Craig's List but so far no action.

Ed

Back