• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

From Dreaming to Building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkinPNW

Now I'll introduce myself. My name is Mark, and I live on an isle of the sea just north of Seattle in the Puget Sound. I am a Private Pilot (not active), with a keen interest in aviation, and in homebuilding. After several years of dreaming, I am finally starting to actually build something, the Cvjetkovich CA-65 Skyfly, a 2 seat design built of wood. Thanks to the inspiration of forum member Ohioflyer, who is also building a CA-65, for motivating me to finally get started. Let's see, if I can attach some pictures of what it should look like, when done;
ca65-6.jpg ca65newzealand.jpg ca65cutaway.jpg

I thought of building a Taylor Monoplane for more economy and simplicity;

MonoplaneSA6.jpgMonoplaneSA2.jpg

but my adult daughter keeps telling me I need a two seater to give people (her?) rides. I hope to avoid AIDS (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome) by letting my wife have one half of the garage for her car as long into the project as possible, while doing my building in the other half. I'll also be posting in the Member Project Logs forum, mainly to help me track what I accomplish, as well as to share with the other members.

Back