From Dreaming to Building

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

MarkinPNW

Now I'll introduce myself. My name is Mark, and I live on an isle of the sea just north of Seattle in the Puget Sound. I am a Private Pilot (not active), with a keen interest in aviation, and in homebuilding. After several years of dreaming, I am finally starting to actually build something, the Cvjetkovich CA-65 Skyfly, a 2 seat design built of wood. Thanks to the inspiration of forum member Ohioflyer, who is also building a CA-65, for motivating me to finally get started. Let's see, if I can attach some pictures of what it should look like, when done;
ca65-6.jpg ca65newzealand.jpg ca65cutaway.jpg

I thought of building a Taylor Monoplane for more economy and simplicity;

MonoplaneSA6.jpgMonoplaneSA2.jpg

but my adult daughter keeps telling me I need a two seater to give people (her?) rides. I hope to avoid AIDS (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome) by letting my wife have one half of the garage for her car as long into the project as possible, while doing my building in the other half. I'll also be posting in the Member Project Logs forum, mainly to help me track what I accomplish, as well as to share with the other members.

rheuschele

. I hope to avoid AIDS (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome) by letting my wife have one half of the garage for her car as long into the project as possible, while doing my building in the other half.
Thats what I did, and I still hear about it every day.
Ron

Nickathome

If you don't lose sight of what's most important (FAMILY), then you will not suffer from AIDS. I think all those who succumb to it are foolish for allowing it to happen. Sure there are women who are selfish to the point that they use your interest as an excuse to leave but you have to question that releationship from a deeper level and not one of just "he bought an airplane kit now I'm outta here"......Just keep your priorities straight and work the project into your life, don't let it become your life, and you'll do fine. If the wife loves you she will understand that there will be times when dad is out working in the garage. However you will also need to understand that the plane does NOT somehow give you the right to blow off baseball practices or soccer games with the kids......If yo ustart doing that then you may as well consult that divorce lawyer now.

SVSUSteve

I hope to avoid AIDS (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome) by letting my wife have one half of the garage for her car as long into the project as possible, while doing my building in the other half.
Welcome to why Burt Rutan jokes that the average time to build an aircraft is "one and a half divorces". Thank G-d my fiancee and her father are both interested in helping with building my design.

TJTX

Welcome! Your post is very similar to my story as well. Wood plane, in half the garage. I look forward to seeing your build and I'm happy to see others working with wood!