• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Friday night Cozy builder's zoom call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk3

Sam Tilleman, president of Saber Manufacturing – Friday night interview on the Cozy Builder’s call. Join us at 7 pm CDT at Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

We argue the relative performance of 2 vs 3 blades and Catto vs. Hertzler / Persson, but we all use the Saber extension. Why is that? On Friday May 13, Sam Tilleman, president of Saber Manufacturing, will join us on the Cozy call, sharing insights about props and extensions for canards.

Saber has been manufacturing extensions, crush plates and lugs for general aviation since 1984 with zero failures to date. Sam will talk about his experiences growing the company over 35+ years, and it’s a fascinating niche - all experimental. He supplies about 90% of the world market for prop extensions and has manufactured them for biplanes, blimps and chicken coop fans. His extensions and crush plates are on all the Formula 1 racers, test stands for Continental and many others, almost every homebuilt that uses an extension and just about every new experimental being built. When a new plane is taking shape he gets to see it in the design phase and sometimes will make several extensions as it morphs.

Help me make it the presentation you want. Send your questions to me offline and I’ll work up a list. The topics I know he will address are
a. Fitting props and prop extensions to canards
b. Post-installation monitoring & maintenance
c. Innovations – what’s in the pipeline

Back