• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fresh frame painting? alum stringer painting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottiniowa

What are folks finding working best for a fresh airframe (media blasted to bare metal) as well as alum stringer painting. I find to many that feel a simple priming of alum parts is good enough (no top coat) And some feel that is true for the frame as well. I intend to have both top coated in as durable of material that I can apply, not going to go into the powder coat option as, I am not going to take this down the road, newly blasted in the winter (northern climate) The options are huge it would seem, but my glue will be stewart systems for the fabric, paint for everything not yet decided.

For clarification sake this frame is as large as any super cub, and stringers done is a similar fashion.

A rattle can solution would be nice, but certainly understand if this is deemed not workable. Open to all ideas, if they are backed up by experience, won't be risking the job on, " I think, perhaps, maybe, I have heard" opinions

thanks for your considerations on this, and if a thread has completely covered this, please point me in that direction.

Back