Free Sectional Charts from the FAA site.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

skeeter_ca

:ban:

Sectional Raster Aeronautical Charts

I found this site via a posting on the Seaplaneforum.com website (Nice forum btw). It shows you can down load almost any sectional for "FREE". It works great. You can zoom in to see all the details of the section that you want. The only problem is i can't seem to be able to print it out full scale on 8.5 x 11 paper.

How can i tile print it?

teknosmurf

I have been using this for a few months now. It is a tad bit more work, but for the small section of the country that I fly in, I print just that area and it's great because I don't have to worry about folding and what not. Additionally, I print a few copies and write my notes (ATIS, Taxi instructions, etc) on the margin, and can toss it when I am done.

Another side benefit of doing it this way is whenever I take first-timers for a ride, I print extra copies for them and highlight our route. This way they can follow us in the air, and most of them end up taking it home and framing it as a reminder of their first flight. Just the other day I took a couple from Russia up, and since GA is a really rare treat in that country, they were talking and showing off their charts for months afterwords.

skeeter_ca

I'm thinking for the $7 I'll buy my most used chart always. With the cost of ink, I'm sure you will use more
than $7 just printing it yourself.
Printing does cost alot, but not 7 bucks. I figure it could print about 10 of these on my kodak print cartridges. Thats $20 of ink, so it would be about $2 a chart. I'm also not saying this is a perfect solution for everyone. Some people might not like the individual pages compared to a folded chart. To each there own.

It always seemed like when i needed a chart the local FBO was out of them or does not stock the one i need. Now i won't have to order them online.