Quantcast

FREE P-47 Replica FREE P-47 Replica Flagstaff

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Looks like a pretty good project, 55% scale P-47 free. Does NOT look like War Aircraft Replicas, this looks all wood.

One of you warbird enthusiasts go get this or I will see to it that the ghosts of Alexander de Seversky and Francis Gabreski will HAUNT you for the rest of your life! !!!!!!

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I’ll share this info with a friend of mine. I doubt if he wants to take on another project, but he might in this case since his dad was a P-47 pilot in the war.

TFF

Probably home grown. Looks decent. How could anyone complain about free. I’m glad it’s 1800 miles away.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Even for someone to finish as a static model and sell it as a store display, movie prop, man cave centerpiece, etc.

Or as a male mold to pull female molds off. Jeez if there was only some guy here who was in the business of selling little radials..

Pilot-34

I looked it over pretty carefully there’s still a lot of work left to do on it and quite honestly the standard that has been sent so far seems to be quite high.

Thank God it is a single seater fighter I don’t know if I could resist if it was a Catalina of the same situation.

vhhjr

HBA Supporter
Does anyone know what the engine is? I am assuming its either a Rotec or a Verner. Is the prop in the engine package?

vhhjr

HBA Supporter
It would be a good project for our Youth Build Program. They have already build a Sonex and a Zenith 701 and, if they weren't on lockdown, would be working on an RV-12. Sadly, I think the program will remain on hold deep into next year.

Vince Homer

TFF

I would assume that plane was started decades before verners or rotecs were conceived.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
There were dozens of small radial engines many years ago, I'm guessing that the builder had found one of them at the beginning of the project and was planning on using it?

Does anybody here know Jan Hartgerink (sp) who runs the Replica Fighters group? That's someone who probably needs to know about this.

flitzerpilot

From the photographs l would say it was a masterful example of design and construction in wood and certainly seems to convey the true character of a P-47 razorback. I don't doubt that one of the bigger Verners would suit it, the 160 hp. 9-cylinder being favourite!

Pilot-34

It has a rotec(?) 3600 9 cylinder radial with it.
Priority for the air frame will go to whomever purchases the engine.

ScaleBirdsScott

Is it sized for the Rotec 9? Might be a little tight @ 55%, we had to go to 63% for our Hellcat model concept (which at the time had been sized for the Rotec 9) and of course the original Hellcat and P47 shared the Double Wasp 2800. My P-36 is right around 53% and we're doing the Scarlett 5/7. But there are games you can play to earn back a few inches in diameter, so whoever finished would want to know which games were intended.

For me, at 50-55% I'd put the Verner 7 in it, or I'd go a little bigger for the 9.

It looks really nicely done all the same, and really hope someone can finish it.