Free Glider plans - high wing wood

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
Just to manage expectations, these appear to be plans for a 1/4-scale model, not the full-scale aircraft.

Victor Bravo

I thought I saw a KA-8 at first and got excited..........
Terry, do you want a FLYING Ka-4 Rhonlerche instead, so you can take your lovely lady soaring in those delightfully mild and pleasant AZ summers ?

Answer very carefully, because I am sitting on some insider knowledge that will start your gears turning very very rapidly. Pay no attention to the sound of that fishing reel....

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
Terry, do you want a FLYING Ka-4 Rhonlerche instead, so you can take your lovely lady soaring in those delightfully mild and pleasant AZ summers ?

Answer very carefully, because I am sitting on some insider knowledge that will start your gears turning very very rapidly. Pay no attention to the sound of that fishing reel....
Oh, you temptress! Go slow.....I'm getting older ya know?

" Mild and pleasant AZ summers" ...... Now that is funny stuff!

cheapracer

Log Member
Just to manage expectations, these appear to be plans for a 1/4-scale model, not the full-scale aircraft.
Yeah, sorry about that, I grabbed it but didn't look at the detail before I posted and went to bed.

Victor Bravo

Oh, you temptress! Go slow.....I'm getting older ya know?
I have recently laid hands on a Ka-4 that is in good flying condition, comes with a pedigree of quality people being involved with it, is in very good (restored) condition... and very inexpensive.

It simply needs a real hangar to live in, because these old birds don't go back and forth into a glider trailer in 10 minutes like the new ships do. I will not stand for this glider to be left outside... wood and fabric and worth taking care of.

Two seats, FAA certified I believe, and just lovely for introducing people to soaring. Like young A&P mechanic students, for example...

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
What's that music I can hear?
That's the music I hear right before my wife corners me about my secret plans involving airplanes, etc. also, I'm about to say "we need a bigger hangar"......and I just put a pile of cash down on the purchase of one that's 42"x40". Ok, so I need to hear more about this Ka-4.......there might be a couple of people out here that I could spool up on this.....

I always wanted a K-8 after seeing one owned by the late, great Don Santee. Just never had the wherewithal....

Victor Bravo

Tha Ka-4 is pretty nice. It was restored by a person who is related to the Western US leadership of the VSA, who has restored more than one vintage glider, and looks like it was done very well. For all the world, it looks like you could get in it right now and fly. The most experienced and talented aircraft woodworker that you and I know was standing right next to me when I saw it, and I believe he can vouch for the quality of the restoration. Located in the "greater Bakersfield metropolitan area" for want of a better phrase. Call me or e-mail me and I will tell you more. Not trying to create any sort of intrigue or mystery about this, I just need to see it to go into a good home instead of some internet yay-hoo that doesn't know one end of a vintage airplane from another.

lr27

You can find free plans for the Carbon Dragon, Woodstock, and Windrose sailplanes on line.

lr27

Sorry. I'm,often using my phone when posting here, and I haven't figured out how to cut and paste with it.

litespeed

Hangar goes on the airport...

You go to California to buy a glider...

Wife goes into the hangar and sees the glider...

Our glider...

Farewell and ado to you fine Spanish ladies... :)
So let me get this correct........you find a beautiful classic lady of the air and swap for a used and non flight friendly one that fails to see the bigger picture.

You lucky lucky barstard

crusty old aviator

I found a beautiful, classic lady of the air once and thought I was a lucky barstard, but then I learned she was actually an equestrian (getting her pilot certificate was just a fad for her) and soon knew there was no luck there, even with all the horseshoes.