• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale FREE BD-5 kit if you pick it up TODAY 9-1-2022 SF Bay

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pops

Supporting Member
You are blessed, Pops, and we’re blessed to have you among us!
Yes, I am blessed. Have come closed to death so many times I lost count.

Another one-- Wife and I was talking about buying a Dodge Minivan. We both agreed on a silver colored one. We was going to start looking for one. A few days latter I get a phone call from St Louis, and a man ask if he could drop a car off at my house since he was driving back east. Said he had to many cars and didn't have the garage space. Said it was a Dodge Minivan and I ask what color, he said silver. Drove that van until it had over 250K miles and the engine was never touched except for spark plugs and oil changes.

Yellowhammer

Supporting Member
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)

Yellowhammer

Supporting Member
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
Strange things happen. One time I was thinking of buying a new powered steel band saw. Decided to go to town the next day and buy a Craftsman brand . Man pulls up in my driveway and gets out and tells me that he just bought a new Craftsman steel band saw and lived in a little apartment in town and didn't have room for it and ask if he could he leave it here and if he ever needs to saw something he could come and use it. That was about 20 years ago and I have never seen him since. Still using the saw.

Was thinking of buying a new headset and my push to talk switch broke. Decided to buy a certain David Clark. That morning about 8:00 AM there was a knock on the door. Went to the door and a man was standing there and ask if I was interested in buying a new David Clark headset that was the same that I was going to order that day. I ask how much and he said $25. New in the box and never opened. It was what he said and also a new push to talk switch was included. I told him its worth a lot more money than $25 and I will pay what its worth. Said he didn't want more money, just the $25 and no more . I gave him the $25 and he got in his car and drove away. Have no idea who it was.
Angel ??

Yes sir Pops. They come by all the time. And repay the kindness you have given to countless. Others. Sometime they stop by to test us.

Great stories and I thank you for sharing sir.

-Yellowhammer

kent Ashton

I know iI am late seeing this but If I would have seen it at the right time, Id have me a free airplane

-YH
Ha! No, you would have a money pit. A prop BD-5 is an accident looking for a pilot to injure. A jet BD-5 is better but still a $100K toy that only makes sense if you have a turbine rating and the skill to fly airshows.