• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale FREE BD-5 kit if you pick it up TODAY 9-1-2022 SF Bay

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pops

Supporting Member
Sometimes its really hard to give things away. One time I put a for sale ad in a local trading paper for a VW Baja fiberglass hood . Cost was one 2-liter of RC Cola. Man shows up driving a new expensive car and gave me the 2-liter of RC and said he would be back with his pickup truck and get the VW hood. Never did.

Pops

Supporting Member
Strange things happen. One time I was thinking of buying a new powered steel band saw. Decided to go to town the next day and buy a Craftsman brand . Man pulls up in my driveway and gets out and tells me that he just bought a new Craftsman steel band saw and lived in a little apartment in town and didn't have room for it and ask if he could he leave it here and if he ever needs to saw something he could come and use it. That was about 20 years ago and I have never seen him since. Still using the saw.

Was thinking of buying a new headset and my push to talk switch broke. Decided to buy a certain David Clark. That morning about 8:00 AM there was a knock on the door. Went to the door and a man was standing there and ask if I was interested in buying a new David Clark headset that was the same that I was going to order that day. I ask how much and he said $25. New in the box and never opened. It was what he said and also a new push to talk switch was included. I told him its worth a lot more money than $25 and I will pay what its worth. Said he didn't want more money, just the $25 and no more . I gave him the $25 and he got in his car and drove away. Have no idea who it was.
Angel ??

sotaro

Supporting Member
Pops, and the opposite, I wanted an inversion table to help with my back. My chiropractor swore by them. After a bit of looking on Craigslist, I finally found one in Oakland, 35 mile round trip. Set sail on my journey which included several other stops. Got the inversion table. Drove home, parked and unloaded. Walked over to the neighbor and saw his free inversion table. Yup.

Last edited: