Quantcast

Free Aircraft Design Book Downloads

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is due to relativity, as speed increases mass increases, length decreases, and time slows down; therefore at the speed of light an object will have infinite mass, zero length, and time will stop...
Methinks you'll run into aerodynamic heating and other problems long before you approach relativistic speeds... :)

-Dana

Sometimes it is easier to beg forgiveness than get permission.

Starman

Methinks you'll run into aerodynamic heating and other problems long before you approach relativistic speeds... :)
Not if I attach the ring gear of the planetary PSRU firmly to the crankcase, that way I can isolate the crankshaft from the rest of the universe, which will solve all my problems.

One word, my friend...."Wormhole".
If you can find a wormhole bigger than a billionth of an inch don't go near it!

Last edited:

Mac790

Thanks BDD,

I'll try to look for it, now I know where I should start my searching :gig:, but I'm a little bit disappointed that nobody else here heard about it, we have some Aeronautics Engineers by trade here.

Seb

GCD89

-Dana

Sometimes it is easier to beg forgiveness than get permission.
My first thought.

However, maybe there won't be as much friction is space?

jhausch

No. According to what I read 33 years ago this is to travel to the nearest stars which are 3, 4.2 and 4.36 light years away. You accelerate for a decade or two at 1 G and halfway there have to start declerating at 1G. You spend as much "fuel" starting as you do starting, acceleration is acceleration. If your "lucky" you could spend some years coasting at constant velocity, which could go on forever if you don't decelerate.

Light speed was not required. They did however propose reaching a certain fraction of light speed. I called it "some useful fraction". And very high speeds were assumed possible.
Clearly a job for an ION drive and Bussard Collector. . .

This is due to relativity, as speed increases mass increases, length decreases, and time slows down; therefore at the speed of light an object will have infinite mass, zero length, and time will stop.

So you see, as you approach the speed of light and mass approaches infinity, then it requires and infinite amount of power to accelerate further, and you don't have an infinite amount of power, do you? so I'm sorry! but you won't be able to go the speed of light, build a bridge.
So what happens if I am in a large spacecraft travelling just short of the speed of light and I run up the center aisle from the rear to the front? Am I not then travelling faster than the speed of light? :whistle:

Curiously though, a photon, which has zero mass, hits the speed of light right out of the gate, even if it comes from an object going backwards at almost the speed of light.
But isn't then the speed as measured between the photon and it's ejector now greater than the speed of light?

Not if I attach the ring gear of the planetary PSRU firmly to the crankcase, that way I can isolate the crankshaft from the rest of the universe, which will solve all my problems.
I'm starting to get the inside jokes. I obviously spend too much time here. . . :shock:

bobicobi

Hello everubody.I live in Serbia and i would like to build an airplane.In my country its a problem to find home made instructions.If you could help me to find one i would apriciate that.Thank you.

whiteknight

Hello everybody.I live in Serbia and i would like to build an airplane.In my country its a problem to find home made instructions.If you could help me to find one i would appreciate that.Thank you.
I hope that you find these links to be of interest:

cfair : Copyright free aircraft plans

cfair1 : cfaircraftoverload

cfair2 : cfaircraftplansoverflow2

cfair3 : cfair3

Cfair4 : Cfair4

cfair5 : cfair 5

Cfair6 : CFAIR6

I would welcome comment and input concerning the content of the information made available at these links that I posted. I hope that this post of mine is related to what the poster was looking for and on topic.

Detego

This is due to relativity, as speed increases mass increases, length decreases, and time slows down; therefore at the speed of light an object will have infinite mass, zero length, and time will stop..

This is pure EINSTEIN BABBLE; dogma with no end to the fictions created for study and funding.

The Speed of Light Travels as a Consonant NOT a Limit.

1) Transverse Waves Travel at 186,000 m/s (299,792,458 m/s)

2) Longitudinal Waves Travel at 291,000 m/s (468,319,104 m/s)

The speed of light (pi/2 x c = the velocity of electrostatic induction) as described by Wheatstone in the 1800's.

In Longitudinal Waves, the electric static lines of force and the magnetic lines of force are directed in the same axis as the propagation of the electrical energy.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
The Glider, as mentioned in an earlier post:

http://www.seqair.com/TheGlider/TheGlider.pdf
Nice find!

This is what I was expecting Raymer's book to be like after reading about his work here. Would prefer a hard copy but PDF is acceptable.

Edit: Note to moderators - I'd like to nominate this book for inclusion in the "Technical References" sticky.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends on whether you're sitting on a hot stove or next to a pretty girl!
No, it's time that goes slow when you're sitting on the hot stove and fast when you're sitting next to a pretty girl. That's relativity.

-Dana

Can a Cessna 150 truly "slip the surly bonds of Earth"?

autoreply

Nice find!

This is what I was expecting Raymer's book to be like after reading about his work here. Would prefer a hard copy but PDF is acceptable.

Edit: Note to moderators - I'd like to nominate this book for inclusion in the "Technical References" sticky.
Feel free to write a recension :)

Autodidact

No, it's time that goes slow when you're sitting on the hot stove and fast when you're sitting next to a pretty girl. That's relativity.-DanaCan a Cessna 150 truly "slip the surly bonds of Earth"?
Oops, that's right - never mind. :emb:

There seemed to be a disconnect between Starman's post and Detego's response to it. Starman was talking about Relativity and i couldn't see any conflict between his statement and the theory, much of which has been confirmed by experiment. It gets confusing around here sometimes; we should stick to engineering - it's difficult enough to agree about that!

Last edited:

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
This is pure EINSTEIN BABBLE; dogma with no end to the fictions created for study and funding.

The Speed of Light Travels as a Consonant NOT a Limit.

1) Transverse Waves Travel at 186,000 m/s (299,792,458 m/s)

2) Longitudinal Waves Travel at 291,000 m/s (468,319,104 m/s)

The speed of light (pi/2 x c = the velocity of electrostatic induction) as described by Wheatstone in the 1800's.

In Longitudinal Waves, the electric static lines of force and the magnetic lines of force are directed in the same axis as the propagation of the electrical energy.

Speaking of Einstein's babble and Dana's good observation that much of the theoretical work up to the 1920s are good only for historical interest... Does anyone have a copy of Einstein's paper why the theory of relativity prevents aircraft from moving faster than the speed of sound the same way as it prevents matter from moving in space faster than the speed of light..? I read ti somewhere long time ago in some paper and it must have been written in his early days because according to the theory the air molecules would rip matter apart at the speed of sound. Along the same lines with theories whether weight reduces or increases depending on aircraft speed.

Anyone remember or has a clue, paper name, more details..?