Fraudulent License?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXFlyGuy

But wait...there is more!
The FAA is fully aware of all (ALL) of the above. But since the actual owner of the aircraft in question, i.e., logbook, has dumbed up and gone silent, there is nothing they can do.

Yes, it is a violation to sign off a logbook as Mr. Smith - A&P 1234567, when you do not hold that license. Certified or experimental, makes no difference.

This is factual. Do not ask me to reveal my sources.

edit: I am fully prepared for the slings and arrows headed my way.

TXFlyGuy

Time to shut this thread down I think Mr. or Ms. Moderator. Imagine someone new to aviation reading these.
I have no idea what you are saying. Go ahead, tell us more. New to aviation? Oh no, and to learn that fraud exists, when they thought we lived in a perfect Goldilocks world?

Heaven help us.

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
I think he was referring more to the sniping between the members here. Wouldn't make a difference anyway. Closing a thread doesn't make it invisible. And the sniping has tapered off a bit.

Doran Jaffas

I have no idea what you are saying. Go ahead, tell us more. New to aviation? Oh no, and to learn that fraud exists, when they thought we lived in a perfect Goldilocks world?

Heaven help us.
This type of thread belongs on Facebook or some other drama powered social club. NOT on a forum claiming to be about furthering the cause of aviation.

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
Like your post in another thread about how women are attracted to you? Come on. We're all guilty of drifting off topic occasionally. It hardly justifies draconian measures. And since when is insuring an A&P has the correct qualifications not in the best interest of furthering aviation?

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Like your post in another thread about how women are attracted to you?
You've got the wrong guy. It is Pilot-34 who fashions himself as the World's Most Interesting Man to "cuties."

rv7charlie

There are lots of threads on this forum and many other forums that I don't read because they don't interest me. There are even threads that I've commented in that I no longer follow because they no longer interest me. I find it quite effective in saving my time/frustration, and I don't have to police others' interests while accomplishing my goals....

TXFlyGuy

Charlie -
Good for you!
This is all new to me, as of just a few days ago. We thought that the aviation community (folks like you) would be curious about the fraud and outright deceit that exists in aviation.
I had no idea. My nature is to trust nearly everyone. Unfortunately, that will need to change.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
I was waiting for someone to finally quote 43.12(a)(1):
[a) No person may make or cause to be made:
(1) Any fraudulent or intentionally false entry in any record or report that is required to be made, kept, or used to show compliance with any requirement under this part;....]

Edit) Since the entry in post one wasn't required to be made by an A&P, the owner has options to edit the record. (Post 149)

Last edited:

TXFlyGuy

According to the FAA, making an entry under false pretenses, in a certified or experimental aircraft logbook, is illegal.
Sorry. But that’s the way it is.

PiperCruisin

Charlie -
Good for you!
This is all new to me, as of just a few days ago. We thought that the aviation community (folks like you) would be curious about the fraud and outright deceit that exists in aviation.
I had no idea. My nature is to trust nearly everyone. Unfortunately, that will need to change.
Please raise your hand if you think no fraud or questionable practices exists in aviation. Mix cheapskates + expensive hobby + some overbearing (arguable?) and confusing government bureaucracy and you get the occasional people that deliberately or unintentionally violate some rule/law. Yes disappointing, but should not be surprising.

TXFlyGuy

I thought this was an interesting thread. Reading these various replies calls to mind "Ladies and Jelly Spoons."
The part that says "I stand before younto sit behind you to tell you something of which I know nothing about..."
Like they say…speak for yourself. And you just did.

TXFlyGuy

Please raise your hand if you think no fraud or questionable practices exists in aviation. Mix cheapskates + expensive hobby + some overbearing (arguable?) and confusing government bureaucracy and you get the occasional people that deliberately or unintentionally violate some rule/law. Yes disappointing, but should not be surprising.
The surprise is when it is a habitual pattern of behavior. Flagrant violation of the law. Going back years.
Just like the move…”Catch Me If You Can”.

TXFlyGuy

I was waiting for someone to finally quote 43.12(a)(1):
[a) No person may make or cause to be made:
(1) Any fraudulent or intentionally false entry in any record or report that is required to be made, kept, or used to show compliance with any requirement under this part;....]

Since the entry in post one wasn't required to be made or kept, it can be discarded or ignored by anyone including the FAA.
Not just wrong, but completely wrong.
Don’t doubt me on this. Call your local FSDO. Ask them if you can falsify an A&P Mechanic license in signing off a logbook. Certified or Experimental.
That’s what I did, and I got the answer.

Wanttaja

According to the FAA, making an entry under false pretenses, in a certified or experimental aircraft logbook, is illegal.
Sorry. But that’s the way it is.
The other aspect is whether such an entry regarding the installation of ADS-B affects the airworthiness of the EAB. I'm still of the opinion that it doesn't. After all, the airplane would still be legal if there were NO entry, or the owner scratched out the "A&P's" name and number and just listed his own name.

Ron Wanttaja

TXFlyGuy

The other aspect is whether such an entry regarding the installation of ADS-B affects the airworthiness of the EAB. I'm still of the opinion that it doesn't. After all, the airplane would still be legal if there were NO entry, or the owner scratched out the "A&P's" name and number and just listed his own name.

Ron Wanttaja
You are correct. The issue is the false sign off. The actual aircraft is still Ok.
The FAA does not take kindly to those who falsify licenses and log entries.

D Hillberg

No complexity points for retirements this for the guys in the FAA.:beer:

You got hosed by an experimental design with known issues. Design and workmanship failures.:popcorn:

Now it's drama queen time.:fear:

As the Prop Turns, These are the time on the hobbs :wonder:

Marc Zeitlin

Exalted Grand Poobah
Since the entry in post one wasn't required to be made or kept, it can be discarded or ignored by anyone including the FAA.
Well, I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion a few times before, but 14 CFR Part 91.417:

required all maintenance, etc. to be logged. E-AB aircraft are still subject to Part 91, even if not to Part 43. So the logged entry was required, since work was performed, and it can't be discarded or ignored.

Now, I'm in complete agreement with @Wanttaja and @TXFlyGuy that the airplane is legal to fly with an allegedly fraudulent logbook entry, since the owners grandmother's dog could have done the work legally - the owner can just scratch out the "A&P" (and the certificate #, if it isn't real) and call it good.

Whether the FAA gives a FF about the allegedly fraudulent entry is another question entirely. Chtulhu knows I've seen crap in logbooks that they SHOULD be bent out of shape about, but...

TXFlyGuy

No complexity points for retirements this for the guys in the FAA.:beer:

You got hosed by an experimental design with known issues. Design and workmanship failures.:popcorn:

Now it's drama queen time.:fear:

As the Prop Turns, These are the time on the hobbs :wonder:
My logs are clean. No one here got hosed. This thread pertains to fraud, and misrepresentation.
Looks like you are the Queen. If the dress fits, wear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.