• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fraudulent License?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXFlyGuy

Here is a real situation. No names, to protect both the guilty and the innocent...

You have an RV-8. Some maintenance was done, and your aircraft log was signed off by an A&P mechanic. Later on it is brought to your attention that the person who represented himself as an A&P does not have that FAA rating. Upon checking the FAA registry, it is confirmed that there is no record of this individual holding an A&P license.

He does hold an experimental repair license, however.

You are also advised since the sign off is illegal, your aircraft is no longer airworthy.

Your attitude is..."Until I get a formal letter from the FAA, all is well and I will continue to fly my plane."

This is a question for all of you wannabee attorneys...and you know who you are!

What say you? Is this person now guilty of a crime, with the full information on the situation? Or can he plead ignorance, and wait for the FAA to give him a call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back