• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

FPV Freak Buys Lazair for electric conversion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Moreton

Hi. I've been an aviation freak all my 44 years, live in Toronto. Digital artist, filmmaker etc.
So due to Covid related boredom, I randomly bought this Lazair with the eventual goal of
converting her to electric, set up light weight for turf takeoff and land with decent time aloft.
These planes have been flying electric for almost a decade so would not be breaking much new
ground, but the options out there for paramotor and agri-drone systems seem perfectly suited to
the Lazair. Currently looking at making 2xs Li-ion 24s packs out of 21700s.

In the mean time I have to return to my teenage years of fussing with carbs, a million pull-starts, engine rebuilds,
fuel lines etc. BC I want to experience the plane as it was originally intended for a time before modernizing.

Many Thanks.

Back