• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Forward Tilting Canopy Hinges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowhammer

Supporting Member
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
Greetings All,

I am trying to locate two hinges for my canopy. The original design on my Pulsar calls for the canopy to open and close by sliding it forward and backwards on rails. The canopy has nylon rollers that ride the rails. I do not like the design as it doesn't allow for enough room for me to enter and exit the cockpit comfortably.

What I am trying to do, and many others have done so, is have my canopy open and close via two hinges attached to the front of the fuselage and canopy using two gas shocks located on either side.

I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find a source for the hinges. If there is anyone that can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful for the help!

The most ideal hinge configuration would be to attach the hinges on each side of the center line about 8 to 12 inches apart. The gas shocks would be attached in the forward corners.

Surely there has to be a company out there that makes what I am looking for. If I could only locate them my canopy woes would be eliminated.

Thank you all for your time and consideration on this matter.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Yellowhammer

Back