Quantcast

Forum software updated today.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The software was upgraded from Xenforo 1.5 to 2.1 today. The basic functions are much the same.

You will noticed that the little man icon that lead to the User Control Panel when clicked, is now your member name.

When you are on your User Control Panel, you will need to check Preferences to opt in or out of the ads, the right side and new you can turn the Daily Forum Newsletter on and off.

To watch a thread you can find Watch at the top right corner of a thread's original post.

1583967627333.png

You can bookmark a thread or a post so you can find it later, and you can categorize it. That is icon the red arrow points to.

1583967730079.png

1583967919296.png

1583967954290.png

This may help you keep your favorite threads or posts in an orderly manner.

If you have other questions, just post here and I'll help you out.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
If you click on NEW POSTS under the HOME on the bar on the top of page you will get this:

1583969426358.png

You can click on Latest Activity.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
The nice thing about vbulletin was that things remained largely unchanged in appearance. I don’t like wholesale rearrangements like this.

Also, Xenforo lost track of thread visitation and many threads link to the very first post despite having already read the previous 20 pages in the past. I found a workaround with the (very) little NEW POSTS button to the left of the thread title, but those buttons seem to be gone now.

gtae07

Apparently clicking on the main thread title should take you to the first unread automatically. At least, that's what it's doing for me.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Gripe: I used the "Recent Posts" button a lot, if there is a way to get that back it would be nice. "New Posts" won't re-show you a post/thread if you've already looked at it.

AirplaneMTOWEmpty weightUseful Load
Regantra
1810​
1500​
310​
Thucicrium
2000​
1400​
600​
Atrilia
2200​
1400​
800​

proppastie

Log Member
watch thread before only brought up un-read posts or recent posts in the watched threads. One could hit "show all watched threads" and get what we are seeing now.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
The nice thing about vbulletin was that things remained largely unchanged in appearance. I don’t like wholesale rearrangements like this.

Also, Xenforo lost track of thread visitation and many threads link to the very first post despite having already read the previous 20 pages in the past. I found a workaround with the (very) little NEW POSTS button to the left of the thread title, but those buttons seem to be gone now.
Guessing their development team is less than English as a first language and probably birth dates somewhere after the 90s. At least that is what is like where my wife works (in software).

All because there are less of us actually using desktops and real keyboards and mice. Most thumb at tablets and phones now. Texts are the new business communication. Makes me crazy... :) <to self> <OK Boomer> But I missed the boomer thing by a year. Doesn't mean I am not a curmudgeon in training... <best if you use Dana Carvey's Grumpy Old Man voice>...

Just noticed one more thing. My mouse cannot select text by dragging over a bunch of characters. Only place and then backspace of cursor.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
So after logging in the third time today on two different computers, I look at Will's "Cindy" Kitfox thread, and I try to type in a reply. But it says "you must be logged in or registered to do that", and then when I click on "log in" it says "you already logged in".

Some member project logs don't allow others to comment, but that always has a different message that I don't have privileges to reply.

And then I see that Vigilant1 or someone has been able to reply to that thread, so it is probably not restricted to the OP only.

As I am writing this post, I just found out I cannot highlight any of the text I am writing (to backspace over it, or underline it), on top of everything else.

I understand that any new software or platform may have to be adjusted and tweaked, but I'm remembering yesterday when the old, obsolete and undesirable software didn't have these problems???

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
My mouse cannot select text by dragging over a bunch of characters. Only place and then backspace of cursor.
Yeah, I ran into that too on my desktop. That's a real problem.

Selection works as expected on iOS but I just noticed that the conventional double tap of the space bar does not yield a period like it does on everything else iOS. Bizarre.

Still disappointed there's no support for subscript and superscript (as in the last "upgrade"). This seems like such basic stuff.