Forum made EFI?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

jbiplane

Ecotron EFI
We tried Ecotrons in 2014...2015 and after numerous troubles and 0 support from USA office and chinese factory decide make own products. I have about 5 of their kits non used and will try to sell on ebay for 50% price without warancy and concentrate on our products.
We are tired to make different variants for different users.

Planned functionalities of 50х50mm board:
It can be integrated into the throttle body for 120... 350 cc engines or be in a separate box for motors with a smaller volume. Depending on your preferences, you can weld:
- only the required number of injection and ignition channels 1 or 2
- optional idling control
- optional EGT (exhaust gas temperature)
- optional Can bus
- optional cooling fan control
- IAT and MAP sensors can be on the board, or can be external
- throttle position sensor can be on the board, and can be external.

Only the necessary wires will approach the circular sealed connector from inside and outside.
We will not implement throttle control by wire. For this, we will use a separate device.

Speeduino compatible.jpg

Last edited:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
============================================
Ecotrons: Experienced people who have tried to get a reliable Ecotrons system working have found the hardware to be crummy and the software/tuning to be opaque and difficult. Do you know of any Ecotrons systems that are flying?
It's not my Job to keep track of what 8 Billion people in the World are doing let alone the % of them that are using EFI. If you can't afford it, or can't understand how to use it, then use the standard Carb setup.
My request was reasonable. I didn't ask you for a worldwide accounting of all EFI installations. You asserted (on this homebuilt aircraft discussion forum) that Ecotrons systems would be suitable, and I asked if you knew of any flying examples. That is all.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Today I got batch of Speeduino compatible PCB, in few weeks will order PCB for other processors.View attachment 115953
These boards in the photo are for the Atmega2560-16cu processor (currently used in the Speeduino project)? With your next order of boards, what processors will you concentrate on, and what are the advantages over the Atmega from your perspective? The Atmega isn't especially fast, but it has been around a long time, the code is mature, and it seems suitable for everything the Speeduino code asks of it. Maybe the STM32FXXXxx provides advantages, I don't know.

Mark

jbiplane

These boards in the photo are for the Atmega2560-16cu processor
Yes. We will use it on our UAV engines, outboard motors, airboats and paramotors. For small 1,2 and 4 cylinder atmospheric engines Atmega performance is absolutelly enough. All our tiny PCB for other processors will have same form-factor. We will concentrate on small 10...500 cc engines and dont make expensive systems with redundancy.
We use some specialized integrated chips to work with inductive crank and camshafts sensors, fuel nozzles and spark plugs which allow fit in very small size.

jbiplane

Found small fuel pressure regulators. Together with 80grammes brushless fuel pump it would be nice combination.
fpr1.jpgfpr3.jpg

Last edited:

jbiplane

Our new open source boards (Speeduino compatible can be programmed) are manually soldered and ready for testing. Pressure, air temperature sensor and non-contact magnetic position of the throttle valve are on the board, but it is possible to connect external ones. Both inductive and Hall crankshaft and camshaft sensors are supported. A bit more extended version will have CAN support + temperature control under spark plug and exhaust gases.
Speeduino compatible in drossel.jpg

Last edited:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the update, things are coming along!
About this:
.... + temperature control under spark plug and exhaust gases.
Can you provide more information about this"temperature control?"

This information shown in real time on monitor of android phone or other device. Can be used to make fuel mix richer or softly limit rpm.
How many channels of CHT will it present and can it do fuel consumption reporting?
Regards

Matt

jbiplane

channels of CHT
2 channels. Its more for safety than fuel consumption.
We ordered some PCBA in China. Boards produced in China will be green.
Soldered in Russia planned to be color coded (we start messing)
- Black for Atmega
- Red for Motorolla
- Blue for STM32
China.jpg

AdrianS

Interesting design choices.

I have some experience of the ATMega chips, but not in serious industrial use.

We use MC9S12XEP100 chip for our industrial controllers, because although it's an older family, they have extended temperature range, lots of I/O & timers, inbuilt watchdog, and a solid history in industry and automotive use.

I've written so much code (C and ASM) for the S12 family over the years - I designed an ECU based on it, but was too lazy (and realistic) to finish it.

Keep up the good work.

2 channels. Its more for safety than fuel consumption.
We ordered some PCBA in China. Boards produced in China will be green.
Soldered in Russia planned to be color coded (we start messing)
- Black for Atmega
- Red for Motorolla
- Blue for STM32
View attachment 116864
Noted are you going to settle on one microprocessor in the future. Will it be able to serve 4 cylinders? Does it handle the ignition event?

Matt

jbiplane

going to settle on one microprocessor
At least to 2025 we will support all variants:
- Motorolla for harnish environment and temperatures in engine compartments -40...+125C for snowbikes and outboards
- Atmega for Open source and experiments. Suitable temperatures -28...+85C At moment it is UAVs RC models and paramotors
- STM32 is on very early stage. In Russia produced ceramic industry grade variant of STM32
May be one day we will completelly switch to STM but then and IF income of other board will allow it.
We do everything for personal money and it may be nether happen.

Will it be able to serve 4 cylinders? Does it handle the ignition event?
All our small ECU (50x50mm PCB) supports 1,2 and 4 cylinder engines, 2strokes, 4strokes and wankels.
It can be used only for ignition, only for injection or for both.
For 3,5,6 and 8 cylinder we have other 69x66mm board Programable Engine Management System Flame-Power 4/4

jbiplane

Форсунки.jpg
Standartyze on 2 vendors of fuel nozzles for 10...300cc engines. For bigger use nozzles of cars, but for redunancy it is possible to use few small per cylinder .