Forum made EFI?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Lendo

Perhaps 'Preaching to the enlightened', if In-tank fuel pumps run dry they burn out.
George

jbiplane

Right now complete 1...4 cylinder small engine EFI + ignition kit (Walbro 37 compatible) started
320 USD excluding delivery. Delivery could be
expensive, but very fast TNT ~70USD worldwide
Russian Post ~30 USD 3...5 weeks worldwide
Комплект без генератора.jpgнАБОР В ЗАСЛОНКУ.jpg

Last edited:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Valery,
Thanks for the update. It is nice to see actual hardware. Looking forward to seeing more details on this system.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Valery, no rush, but when you can add info about your EFI, I'd be interested. I think for airplane use TPS isn't important, but it would be interesting to know what you are planning (manual mixture control ? Open loop? Backup modes in case of various sensor failures, etc.) I think I'm correct in saying you plan to use the Speeduino code as your software (and Tuner Studio as the user interface for setup). You've had several EFI projects, it is hard to keep track.
Again, no rush at all.

rv7charlie

Would you mind sharing the part number or source for that right-angled filter sock? I've played around with using automotive filter socks instead of 'finger strainers' in wing tanks (actually used one in an RV4 tank), but most of the ones I've found have vertical fuel ports which make them harder to adapt.

On a different subject, triggered by the image above. You probably already know this, but I made the unpleasant discovery that many flexible lines, even ones made for fuel, won't survive inside a fuel tank. I made a fuel pickup for a Kolb using the blue urethane tubing commonly used for fuel lines in the USA, and it rotted off of the steel tank fitting. Fortunately, it happened on the ground, while the plane was not even running. Fuel was ethanol-free premium auto gas, with Walmart 2stroke oil.

Last edited:

jbiplane

source for that right-angled filter sock
Only know it is for Yamaha Mio

that many flexible lines
Yes, it is for paramotor guys who are lazy modify fuel tank. I going to use neoprene or viton hoses inside the tank and Tygon outside, hope will survive. Most radical is to use PTFE tubing/ Teflon. Had problems with blue urethane tubing as well.

I prefer small assemblies of small scooters like on photo below
11.jpg

Last edited: