Quantcast

Forum made EFI?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

jbiplane

saying that the controller mounts *on* the throttle body
Yes, It will completely inside of throttle body. Designed to work OK at -45..+85 C. At the moment it is intended for my company engines. I will very careful before promote elsewhere. I will carefully offer it for exportation not earlier than March 2021 or at least 100 units successfully tested locally. First bolt on EFI kits will be used in order to add reliability to Chinese outboard engines.

What about positive latching for the connectors?
It is without connector. Just bunch of wires goes out of throttle body. Connectors add price and reduce reliability.
Wiring:
CLT - cooling liquid temperature, can be used for air cooling as well
Al + CHR thermocouple type k to be fitter under spark of one cylinder which is in worst conditions
O2 - narrow band lambda
2 ignition channels
2 injections channels
2 wires for Crankshaft sensor
2 wires for Camshaft sensor
R-in programmable to fill any resistive sensor, can be switched to V sensing, says for exhaust temperature control using AD595
IAC - idle control
FP and FPM fuel pump and fuel pump modulation to minimize electricity consumption on small engines

Since we don't need a TPS in airplane use
TPS sensor substituted here by magnetic chip feeling throttle position

The software "openness", tuning software or procedures
You can use free version of EFI Tuner Studio with our hardware
Probably we should make Speeduino version of our ECU to allow users make any programming easily

Protech Racing

If you have one. I would like to try it on a race car to control timing. It uses a hall sensor crank trigger at this time .
I can give solid back to back testing VS a VW module. etc. Latency values.

jbiplane

If you have one. I would like to try it on a race car to control timing.
I have 2 other ECU models at stock which made as separate unit. You can see it on my site www.flame-power.com or contact me by jbiplane@gmail.com

The board shown on last pictures wil be integrated into throttle body. We will make 2 versions:
R_chip.png
- based on ceramic Russian chip which work in range -60...125°С ( -76...257°F)

medium-ATmega2560-TQFP-100.png

- based on Atmega working in range -40...85°С ( -40...185°F)
This second variant will be more affordable and Speeduino-compatible which would give end user customer possibility of experiments and easy to get support on Speeduino forum. We will provide full easy to install by non-experienced user kit which will include fuel pump assembly with long-lasted BLDC motor and pressure regulator.
Mio J 2.jpgIMG_20201129_112732.jpgIMG_20201117_205050_1.jpg

jbiplane

I use tuner studio or Hondata. How much?
I can sell you MicroRusEFI produced and tested at my company for 200USD including worldwide economy delivery.
My team is an oficial contributor of this ECU. We produce a bit modified version, but keep all functionalities:
  • Primary VR or Hall input (configurable with few resistor changes)
  • Secondary Hall input
  • 4 analog thermistor (temperature) inputs
  • 10 analog voltage inputs (0-5v)
  • 4 high-Z injector outputs
  • 2 high-current low side outputs for IAC/VVT/other solenoids
  • Dedicated main relay control output
  • 4 low-current low side outputs for relays or warning lights
  • 4 5v logic-level ignition outputs
  • 2 logic level outputs (5v/12v configurable, requires resistor changes)
  • Electronic throttle body (drive by wire)
  • CAN connectivity on the plug
  • USB connectivity on the plug
  • SPI and TTL available on PCB
The first test ECU in throttle body should be completed today. Probably we will able to deliver instalation kits end of January.

slociviccoupe

Have a question about throttle by wire. Seems everyone wants to remove it. I understand the reasons to but they hardly fail. And with throttle by wire and some sort of a prop controller (dual h bridge) you could have the ecu adjust throttle and putch for climb, cruise, and descent. Prery much 3 selectable positions on a knob, a throttle lever and pitch on a potentiometer as an override. But let the ecu do most of it. And controll boost on turbocharged engines. One less thing for pilot to have to do and focus on flying the plane.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
I can sell you MicroRusEFI produced and tested at my company for 200USD including worldwide economy delivery.
. . .
The first test ECU in throttle body should be completed today. Probably we will able to deliver instalation kits end of January.
Thanks for the update. Keep pushing ahead.

jbiplane

New integrating in trhottle body ECU is ready for tests. Though encountered some schematic errors.
Corrected by wires. On back side magnetic chip to feel throttle position.
This version 74x74mm, going make smaller like 64x64mm.

Final objective complete instalation kit for non-experienced users with minimal engine modification and priced below 250USD seems completely achievable.
1.jpg4.jpg

screen shot of the set up tables and options
Please read first [info] microRusEFI - rusefi.com and other topics there.
May be some questions disapear. In general this ECU completelly driven by EFI Tuner Studio.

Last edited:

Protech Racing

Megasquirt Pro has logging and is useful for street cars with many features. I use Tuner Studios for 80% of the race cars that I prep. Works fine.
This ECU has many features of the Megasquirt and a few above the Microsquirt. It should work perfect for the small engines and on aircraft. IMHO
If I can work out how to get one to run my ignition for one of my Vintage/SCCA B Sedans. I'll surely report here whether or not it works.

rusefi

My team is an oficial contributor of this ECU. We produce a bit modified version
rusEFI is not aware of you being involved with microRusEFI in any capacity. Please consider using a different name for your derived product.

rusefi

deleted. rusefi is completely not relevant for aviation, please use other platforms

Last edited:

slociviccoupe

Rusefi not sure if you would considee it but seems a lot of people looking for a nice engine monitoring display. Wether it be an engine ecu running the engine or an ecu just monitoring inputs. But a nice 7-10.2" display would be nice.
I know there is pi dash and few others. But if something were diy like speeduino or rusegi but a display it would be a hit.

rusefi

Is tuner studio limited like it is with speeduino. Dont get the full functions like you would if were running megasquirt.
this is not how things work. tunerstudio is just the screen, it shows what ecu tells it to show. there is no such thing as full functions.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Rusefi not sure if you would considee it but seems a lot of people looking for a nice engine monitoring display. Wether it be an engine ecu running the engine or an ecu just monitoring inputs. But a nice 7-10.2" display would be nice.
I know there is pi dash and few others. But if something were diy like speeduino or rusegi but a display it would be a hit.
Go to the RusEFI page, read their interaction with customers/users. You can probaby tell already, based on the posts here, how that goes.

Hephaestus