Formula One Air Racing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

RacerCFIIDave

Has anyone heard what is up with the if1 folks?

Their website is down...one phone number I have is not working either...

As someone that is designing a beastie for the class...I am awfully curious...

Dave

bmcj

HBA Supporter
My guess is that they somehow missed renewing their domain name and it got snatched up by one of those "domain pirates" who grab up late renewals and hold the name for a large ransom (or just keep it a pay-per-click advertising site because of the high traffic).

RacerCFIIDave

Hi Dave

Can you share some details about your project?
Check out this website:
Centro de Estudos Aeronauticos - UFMG
You might find the CEA-308 interesting

Regards
Well, I am back to this project after being focused elsewhere for a couple of years...

So at the moment I am second-guessing even basic configuration concepts...

My goal is to incorporate the latest IRL, NHRA, FIA auto racing safety innovations into the IF1 rules structure... As well as the ability to run alternative fuels...

So...as it stands now the DG-1R raceplane will be a tube frame mid-wing T-tail pusher sort of like Pushy Galore...
It will utilize mild steel safety tubing incorporated into the 4130 frame structure as in Too Fuel Dragsters

The engine attachment will be exactly as in a modern Formula Car or Endurance Prototype...

Fuselage mounted deep internal bladder-foam fuel cell also as in Formula Car standard...
Basically my goal is to build an Indycar that flies...rather than tries very hard not to!!!

Dave

lr27

Save yourself some work. Just put bigger wheels on it, inverted fuel and oil, reverse the gears, and run it upside down. It'll fly. ;-p
Well, I am back to this project after being focused elsewhere for a couple of years...

So at the moment I am second-guessing even basic configuration concepts...

My goal is to incorporate the latest IRL, NHRA, FIA auto racing safety innovations into the IF1 rules structure... As well as the ability to run alternative fuels...

So...as it stands now the DG-1R raceplane will be a tube frame mid-wing T-tail pusher sort of like Pushy Galore...
It will utilize mild steel safety tubing incorporated into the 4130 frame structure as in Too Fuel Dragsters

The engine attachment will be exactly as in a modern Formula Car or Endurance Prototype...

Fuselage mounted deep internal bladder-foam fuel cell also as in Formula Car standard...
Basically my goal is to build an Indycar that flies...rather than tries very hard not to!!!

Dave

RacerCFIIDave

Humorously enough I, for a time, actually considered using an old '80s March Indy Lights tub we have lying around for the cockpit tub of this airplane...but since I eventually plan to sell plans and kits...that has been ruled out...

Dave

Cargoink

You know there really isn't a lot of Cassutt sites (or construction of Cassutt). Does anyone know of sites (someone building one)?.. I hope I'm not to tall (5'11") and I do need to loose a few lbs (210)....

Raptor

You know there really isn't a lot of Cassutt sites (or construction of Cassutt). Does anyone know of sites (someone building one)?.. I hope I'm not to tall (5'11") and I do need to loose a few lbs (210)....
I've crewed for several Cassutts over the years, and at
6'1" and 250 lbs, didn't fit in any of them (knees wouldn't go under spar), until I got in (then Eric Mathesons #92).
The rear carry through has a nice curve to it, and getting my but back a little made all the difference in getting my legs in. I fit pretty well (except my shoulders are wide, and I would need to round the fuselage a little to fit comfortably.

Good Luck,
Paul

Group Builder