Foreflight compatibility with TALOS avionics system

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

tunna95

Did you manage to figure this out? If so, when using foreflight does it only show GPS Alt and speed, or does it show barometric data from Talos?

skydawg

No baro altimeter and other issues with foreflight compatibility….just can’t make Talos work with foreflight. It is supposed to be GL90 compatible which foreflight is, but still not all features or indications work. Talos says they are working on it. I get pitot airspeed, but alt remains in gps. For some reason, Talos requires some airspeed before it functions. …. So try having someone blow into pitot tube or other method to indicate above 30 kts…..this did turn on some features.

tunna95

I've just bought my Sense Pro and going to install it with foreflight being the main app on my iPad. I've got MGL instruments as the backup(Or Main if foreflight doesn't workout). Keep me posted if you solve any of these issues as I'm keen to know more.

skydawg

good luck, Been talking with Talos and they can't figure issue out still and doubt they will put much effort in to it anytime soon. My guess is some features are not fully GL90 compatible.