Quantcast

for all you rotax guys

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

slociviccoupe

every day i work on various sea doo jet ski's as a marine mechanic. Looking at these engines everyday there are more options for guys who want to put bigger rotax 2 strokes on ultralights. some including the rotary valve 717cc engine, rotary/ rave valve 787, and the reed valve 951 engine. Also with these watercraft there are simple multi function info displays that are digital and easy to wire and setup. seadoo even has a variable trim system that is integrated with the display to show position.

the info guage will show fuel level, oil level, battery voltage, trim setting, engine temp, has a clock, hour meter, some have outside air temp and compas, and all show speed.

Price:$225.0 - SeaDoo LCD INFO GAUGE GSX 278001258 pwc Jetski parts - Racing Parts - Personal Watercraft Parts

here is the trim unit. prety simple and works with either an analog guage or a lcd info guage.
pics show how it works and how to repair. these problems would net be associated with aircraft use. no water intrusion. plan on using this trim module on my vision instead of the mac trim system.
Variable Trim System Analysis

mstull

Thanks SloCivic,

Actually, most of us are hoping to find suitable 4-strokes, after struggling with 2-strokes all these years. Rotax just started making the ACE 600 engine, used on Ski-Doo snowmobiles that has potential. It is an extremely modern and compact engine.

You said "ultralights" in your post, but this and the ones you mentioned are too heavy and powerful for a legal U/L. All U/Ls are 1-seaters now. They would work for 2-seat LSA.

I think Rotax chose their 582 as their largest 2-stroke aircraft engine for good reason... reliability.

Armilite

YOU BUY CHANCE, WOULDN'T HAVE THE BOLT PATTERNS FOR THE 587, 650, 717, 787 SEADOO ENGINE? I HAVE THOUGHT OF MAKING AND ADAPTER PLATE TO USE A GEAR DRIVE FOR SOME OD THEM. DON'T HAVE ANY OF THEM TO GET SPEC'S OFF. THEY ARE CHEAP ALT ENGINES.
NEVER SEEN THE HP AT RPM RATINGS FOR THEM, OR ANY DYNO SHEETS. I HAVE THE PROVISION 8 HOLE DATA.

I'M LOOKING FOR THE PROVISION 4 CASE HOLE DATA, AN PRO4 ADAPTER PLATE DATA.

YOU CAN USE 650(670 BORE) SEADOO PISTONS IN A SKIDOO SLED 617(650 STROKE) SLED MOTOR, WITH 670 SKIDOO OR 650(NON RAVE) SEADOO CYLINDERS, I'M TOLD. THE SEADOO 650 RODS HAD BIGGER BEARINGS THEN THE SLED RODS. 583, 617, 670, SLEDS USED THE SAME RODS. THE 670HO USED BIGGER BEARING RODS(LONGER) WITH A FLAT TOP PISTON. NOT SURE WHAT LENGHT THE 650 SEADOO RODS ARE. YOU CAN PUT THE 670HO BIG BEARING RODS ON A 583, 617, BUT YOU NEED A CUSTOM PISTON ACCOUNT DIFFERENT LENGHT ROD. BEST ENGINE IS A 670HO LOWER, WITH A 618UL HEAD IF YOU WANT DUAL ANGLE PLUGS, OR USE THE STANDARD 670 SLED HEAD. MAKES 90HP AT 6400RPM.

RICH GILLEN
ARMILITE@AOL.COM
================================================================================

every day i work on various sea doo jet ski's as a marine mechanic. Looking at these engines everyday there are more options for guys who want to put bigger rotax 2 strokes on ultralights. some including the rotary valve 717cc engine, rotary/ rave valve 787, and the reed valve 951 engine. Also with these watercraft there are simple multi function info displays that are digital and easy to wire and setup. seadoo even has a variable trim system that is integrated with the display to show position.

the info guage will show fuel level, oil level, battery voltage, trim setting, engine temp, has a clock, hour meter, some have outside air temp and compas, and all show speed.

Price:$225.0 - SeaDoo LCD INFO GAUGE GSX 278001258 pwc Jetski parts - Racing Parts - Personal Watercraft Parts

here is the trim unit. prety simple and works with either an analog guage or a lcd info guage.
pics show how it works and how to repair. these problems would net be associated with aircraft use. no water intrusion. plan on using this trim module on my vision instead of the mac trim system.
Variable Trim System Analysis