Focke Wulf 190 80% Scale

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

flywulf

The last 4 minutes of this video shows the FW190A-3 shown in the pictures above. It is a very nice looking replica. The plane has a different paint scheme in the video, much more accurate than the one it has currently. It is still for sale by the way.

cheers,

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

flywulf

Also located this aircraft for sale on Barnstormers .com. This aircraft was used in a documentary about the FW190 on the history channel. Uses a lycoming six cylinder for power. He also stated that the buyer would get the complete set of drawings with the plane. Maybe he can be persuaded to sell copies of those as well?

Cheers,

EddiE
I e-mailed the current owner to see if he was willing to copy the drawings. I never got a reply.

Ed

F82man

The FW-190 truly was a great aircraft, and a formidable opponent, and the replica video is very informative. While talking to Tony Pileggi, he indicated the flight characteristics for warbird replicas would be very similar in a scale of 80% and larger. If that is the case, why are there so many smaller scale warbirds on the market? Wouldn't it make sense to increase the scale for handling qualities? Are there engines that can produce the needed power at that scale, or is that the main reason for the smaller scale? How about an 85 to 90% scale P-40, P-47, P-51, etc?? Just something to think about....Don

AVI

The FW-190 truly was a great aircraft, and a formidable opponent, and the replica video is very informative. While talking to Tony Pileggi, he indicated the flight characteristics for warbird replicas would be very similar in a scale of 80% and larger. If that is the case, why are there so many smaller scale warbirds on the market? Wouldn't it make sense to increase the scale for handling qualities? Are there engines that can produce the needed power at that scale, or is that the main reason for the smaller scale? How about an 85 to 90% scale P-40, P-47, P-51, etc?? Just something to think about....Don
F-82Man:
My $0.02 says that if one is going to build a scale replica, one might as well build full, 100% scale.

A replica without the additional weight of armament and armor would be hundreds of pounds lighter and perhaps offer superior performance than the real thing. However, where do you find a 1500-2000hp inline V-12 or a 2000 plus hp radial?

Once you factor in the cost/maintenance of the engine, (and construction cost of the replica) it makes more sense to build a real full scale replica such as the P-51A that unfortunately crashed at Oshkosh a few years ago, one of the new-build Yak 3s/9s, or one of the Flugwerk FW190s either an A model with a radial, or the long nose D model with a modified Allison.

Now you're talking real bucks like in real warbird country, so if you're a hi-dollar enthusiast, why not go buy a real warbird?

While you're having your fun tooling around in the wild blue playing fighter ace in your real warbird, you'll be able to enjoy yourself even more, knowing that when you're ready to sell, there's a good chance you might break even or make a bit of money as opposed to getting pennies on the dollar for your homebuilt.

Stan Howes

Re: Marcel Jurca MJ-8 Focke-Wulf 190-A5

Hello I am looking for a set of FW 190 3/4 scale drawings. Also I need the stress analysis paperwork for this aircraft to satify the UK LAA, who will register the project. Does anyone know where I can acquire a set.

Martin

Hi guys,

I have just joined this group, and noticed that there has been a number of unanswered queries regarding the Terry Kronk FW-190.

I have the pleasure of working with both Terry and side-kick Bryce, who between the two of them, built the FW from scratch ( no plans, no kit) in around 18 months.

It is powered by a 400 hp M-14p radial, with gas-powered machine guns and a smoke system. It flies very well, and here is a link to a video I took a while back, where Terry gives it a nice workout....

He still has his 75% Spitfire with LS-6 Chev, and has just completed the 84% scale P-51, this time with a supercharged LS-6. I have video and pics of all these a/c if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Martin

Mac790

Hi guys,

I have just joined this group, and noticed that there has been a number of unanswered queries regarding the Terry Kronk FW-190.

I have the pleasure of working with both Terry and side-kick Bryce, who between the two of them, built the FW from scratch ( no plans, no kit) in around 18 months.

It is powered by a 400 hp M-14p radial, with gas-powered machine guns and a smoke system. It flies very well, and here is a link to a video I took a while back, where Terry gives it a nice workout....
Hi Martin and welcome,

Do you have more info about that FW-190 replica, like top/cruise speed, climb rate, roll rate, g-load, etc.
I have video and pics of all these a/c if anyone is interested.
Sounds like a rhetoric question :), please post more if you can, pics, vids.

Seb

Martin

I hope you guys aren't going to be too fussy. I'll dig up what I can and post .....

Like this..

Cheers

Martin

Martin

This is a bit better viewing. Start up as only radials can, followed by a low pass using the gas guns.

Martin

Martin

Re: Spitfire replica

This Terry's 3/4 scale all alloy Spitfire with the Chev LS-6. It is an early Mike Sullivan kit, which are now 90% scale and can be optioned with the V8 pioneered by Terry...

Martin

flywulf

my other friend with the 75% all metal F4U is running out of room and money while getting ready to move to an airpark.
Martin, welcome to the site and thank you for your videos etc.

Feel free to start a thread about the P-51 and post the vid or find an existing p-51 thread just as well. Please post it!

Would you by chance have any info about the 75% corsair that was mentioned earlier in the thread?

Would you know if a kit is planned for the 190? What about plans?

thanks,

Ed

kurt 7

Great videos on the FockeWolf guys.Its good to see that the fw190 has a popular following by members.

Martin

Hi Ed,

No plans or kit likely to be offered for this FW-190. I will keep you posted with the P51 as it progresses. Just waiting for some prop mods......

Martin

Martin

Hi Ed,

Yes, the Mustang has flown, but prop problems have necessitated a re-think.
A King-Air prop is currently being modified for use, so will be test flown again in the coming weeks.

Martin

Latest posts