Focke Wulf 190 80% Scale

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pylon500

We've got a guy here 'Down under' that put together about an 80% all metal FW190, and fitted a Russian M-14 radial up front!!
I think his name is Terry Kronk and previously built a Supermarine (Austrailan) Spitfire, but tossed the Jabiru out and put in a small block chevy!
Was just looking through my collection of fly-in photo's and we have a few scaled replicas around including a glass/wood composite Me109G and a very nice SE-5a, both with rotax two strokes.
My club President and a mate have just about finished their Neuport, but my other friend with the 75% all metal F4U is running out of room and money while getting ready to move to an airpark.
A previous club member had built a scaled Piper Cub with an assortment of engines (VW, Suzuki and a French ground power unit copy of an 0-200) and is still trying to finish his 65% Hurricane.
Arthur.

Attachments

S

SpitfireBuilder91

Terry Kronk's Spit is a Spitfire Mk25, the "true" 75% aircraft (the 26 has an 80% fuselage, but a 75% wing).

I prefer the 25's shape, personally. Just looks very slinky :)

Attachments

Bunker Hill

Pylon500,

I'm VERY interested in the all metal Corsair project! Can you tell me a bit more about the powerplant your friend selected for this project, and are there any photos available of the current progress?

I've been a huge fan of the Russian M-14P radial engine ever since it made it's popular appearance on the experemental aircraft scene some time ago. The M-14P powered Fw-190 kit is precisely the type of kit I'd love to build following the completion of my RV-4 project. Is Kronk's kit the same one pictured in your previous post? Is there any chance he might offer the plane as a kit in the future? The one in the photo looks spot on!

With the little Russian radial now available on the free market, these are exactly the type of round-engined warbird kits that should be flooding the market.

pylon500

I have a feeling that Terry Kronk's FW-190 was a scratch built one-off, I could be wrong, but you would have to search for his e-mail and ask him?
I did hear a rumour that his next project is a P-51. :rolleyes:
My mate with the Corsair project would ideally like to use the local ROTEC R-2800g (geared?) radial, but has also been looking at the Rotax 912S and the Modified Corvairs.
The F4U is on hold till he finishes his Zenith and moves to one of our airparks.
Arthur.

Spinnetti

Originally posted by pylon500
We've got a guy here 'Down under' that put together about an 80% all metal FW190, and fitted a Russian M-14 radial up front!!
I think his name is Terry Kronk and previously built a Supermarine (Austrailan) Spitfire, but tossed the Jabiru out and put in a small block chevy!
Was just looking through my collection of fly-in photo's and we have a few scaled replicas around including a glass/wood composite Me109G and a very nice SE-5a, both with rotax two strokes.
My club President and a mate have just about finished their Neuport, but my other friend with the 75% all metal F4U is running out of room and money while getting ready to move to an airpark.
A previous club member had built a scaled Piper Cub with an assortment of engines (VW, Suzuki and a French ground power unit copy of an 0-200) and is still trying to finish his 65% Hurricane.
Arthur.
Any more info or pictures on Terry's FW190? (it is a one off BTW) - Thats my dream plane, and I sure would like to know more about it. (I had a mostly done W.A.R. FW190, but sold it)...

Thanks!

goboman

Marcel Jurca MJ-8 Focke-Wulf 190-A5

hey there Nochero!

This is almost a year after the fact, but if you or anyone else is intersted in a set of plans for the Marcel Jurca MJ-8 Focke-Wulf 190-A5, I have set available for sale.

Also for sale is a set of plans for Walt Redfern Fokker DR-1 Triplane....both ready to be shipped to an interested buyer.

Pictures and more info available upon request.

Thanks,

King

Spinnetti

Originally posted by Bunker Hill
Pylon500,

I'm VERY interested in the all metal Corsair project! Can you tell me a bit more about the powerplant your friend selected for this project, and are there any photos available of the current progress?

I've been a huge fan of the Russian M-14P radial engine ever since it made it's popular appearance on the experemental aircraft scene some time ago. The M-14P powered Fw-190 kit is precisely the type of kit I'd love to build following the completion of my RV-4 project. Is Kronk's kit the same one pictured in your previous post? Is there any chance he might offer the plane as a kit in the future? The one in the photo looks spot on!

With the little Russian radial now available on the free market, these are exactly the type of round-engined warbird kits that should be flooding the market.
Wow.. My thoughts EXACTLY...
Funnier yet, my countermeasure while waiting was to consider the RV-4! Actually, can you get RV in Plans only? I'm half thinking of building one to the same build standards, but skinned like a FW.. (Terry's plane with a MP-14 is my dream plane)..

pylon500

Hey, long time no link! :D
Still very busy with trying to do house move and all....
Have just loaded some video footage of Terry Kronk's FW190 landing to the [video=google;-246480114302617683]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-246480114302617683[/video].
I have another clip of him doing a flyby, but the camera went out of focus. :mad:
It's OK for sound, but the picture is blurry, will post if people really want it! :roll:
Arthur.

Spinnetti

Originally posted by pylon500
Hey, long time no link! :D
Still very busy with trying to do house move and all....
Have just loaded some video footage of Terry Kronk's FW190 landing to the Google Video site.
I have another clip of him doing a flyby, but the camera went out of focus. :mad:
It's OK for sound, but the picture is blurry, will post if people really want it! :roll:
Arthur.
Thanks for the vid link.. any more info you could provide on Terry's bird would be appreciated.. Its my dream plane (I had a WAR FW190), but I'm not sure how to get started on a metal one...

AVI

Wow.. My thoughts EXACTLY...
Funnier yet, my countermeasure while waiting was to consider the RV-4! Actually, can you get RV in Plans only? I'm half thinking of building one to the same build standards, but skinned like a FW.. (Terry's plane with a MP-14 is my dream plane)..

I've got a set of RV3 plans and manual.
If you're interested, PM me.

flywulf

Also located this aircraft for sale on Barnstormers .com. This aircraft was used in a documentary about the FW190 on the history channel. Uses a lycoming six cylinder for power. He also stated that the buyer would get the complete set of drawings with the plane. Maybe he can be persuaded to sell copies of those as well?

Cheers,

EddiE

Attachments

Group Builder