Flywheel drive with starter on pulley end?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

slociviccoupe

Been done. As mentioned above buy the pulley with the steel bolt on center hub. Mount ring gear to that. Starter on the generator pad. Have to choose correct rotation starter. It matters its not just simple as swapping polarity.
As for flywheel end the old oem fkywheels are forged and very hard. Have one water jet cut down then turned on lathe to true it up. Drill and tap and now you have prop flange.

As for flywherl abd ring gear seadoo 787 has a nice ring gear and flywheel that can be remachined.

Mike von S.

Been done. As mentioned above buy the pulley with the steel bolt on center hub. Mount ring gear to that. Starter on the generator pad. Have to choose correct rotation starter. It matters its not just simple as swapping polarity.
As for flywheel end the old oem fkywheels are forged and very hard. Have one water jet cut down then turned on lathe to true it up. Drill and tap and now you have prop flange.

As for flywherl abd ring gear seadoo 787 has a nice ring gear and flywheel that can be remachined.
Very helpful, thanks!

slociviccoupe

I have the cut down type 1 flywheel that needs finish machined. Also have the seadoo flywheel. Id sell as no longer continuing project. Another benefit is you can run a mag cup and stator

Mike von S.

I have the cut down type 1 flywheel that needs finish machined. Also have the seadoo flywheel. Id sell as no longer continuing project. Another benefit is you can run a mag cup and stator
Not there yet, but thanks. I'll keep this in mind.