• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flying or building? How many projects at is to many.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiloows5050

Everyone tells me to get a project done before I start another one. I’ve been hearing this for twelve years. I started with an airdrome Fokker DvII. Then I pulled out my 5/8 scale hurricane plans, I tossed out all my old work. In the process of restarting this I decided to build two! It’s not that much more work.
At this point my life got complicated, I acquired two Lee 7/8 Nieuport 11s. Then I purchase some replicraft plans. Started a Thomas Morse S-4C, but not be on the wrong side I purchased a set of Sands Fokker Dr1 which of course I couldn’t leave sitting in my closet. This would have been a great place to stop. The kid in me refused. I purchase a Jurca MJ9 project that I have restarted as the wood work is not airworth. The big problem with all these planes is they are all single seaters. One of the sets of replicraft plans I purchased was for one of my favorite 2 seaters, the sopwith 1 1/2 strutter. In a moment of weakness which I seem to have quite often I started working on my 8th project.
I currently have 3 engines, four fuselages and and six sets of wings I’m working on. Sometimes I’m lucky and get to work on four projects in a day. Yes I am retired and hope to get the two nieuports completed in the next year or two.

Is is there anyone out here that has the same obsession that I have? Maybe not so bad as me but can’t resist a good challenge. I’m borderline thinking of starting another that would be a fun project, a Sopwith triplane.

Back